Where: Lachlan’s Line (North Ryde Station Precinct) is centrally located between Macquarie Park and North Ryde train stations in Macquarie Park, Sydney.
Council: City of Ryde
Area: 10.5 ha
What’s proposed: Lachlan’s Line will provide housing for over 5,000 residents in a transit oriented development. Located only 15km from Sydney’s CBD, the project will include around 3,000 apartments with a neighbourhood retail precinct. A highlight will be the high quality of connected parks and public domain areas featuring a range of eateries and cafes, as well as direct pedestrian and cycle access to North Ryde train station.
Our role: Lachlan’s Line is part of the North Ryde Urban Activation Precinct (UAP) announced by the State Government in September 2013. UrbanGrowth NSW is the site masterplan developer. We are delivering the required civil infrastructure, parks, roads and play areas. We will then release development parcels for housing supply.
Where it’s up to: The Lachlan’s Line development team have achieved the following milestones over the past 12 months:
- Appointed award-winning designers Bates Smart Architects and Aspect Studios to deliver an exciting masterplan vision for the precinct
- Submitted two State Significant Development Applications for the delivery of infrastructure, roads and public domain works to facilitate built form development
- Committed to delivering a full-length pedestrian and cycleway bridge connecting the precinct to North Ryde train station
- Committed $10.4 million contributions towards local intersection upgrades and key boundary adjustments with adjoining landowners to facilitate better access to the new precinct
- Completed the sale of the precinct’s first super lot sale to Australand/LaSalle for the delivery of around 400 apartments
- Requested Expressions of Interest for a mixed-use development site - see Development
- Ongoing community engagement.
Subject to planning approval, construction is expected to commence in early 2015.
Features: Lachlan’s Line is a contemporary urban village located in the heart of Macquarie Park, Sydney. The name is inspired by its location and the unique linear aspect of the precinct.
The masterplanned development site is at the gateway to the Macquarie Park employment corridor and will feature vibrant residential apartments, parks, playgrounds and retail spaces.
A key feature of Lachlan’s Line is a significant ‘green spine’ that stretches from one end to the other, as well as a new pedestrian and cycleway bridge connecting the site directly to North Ryde train station. The transit oriented development site will be a social and diverse community, promoting an active lifestyle through multiple walking and cycling networks and access to nearby Lane Cove National Park.
Lachlan’s Line will also be a connected community with access to surrounding education, sports and leisure facilities as well as a major, recently renovated shopping centre. The site is conveniently located and allows efficient access to Sydney’s CBD, North Sydney and Chatswood via multiple transport options.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
There are no current expression of interest opportunities for Lachlan's Line. Any upcoming opportunities will be displayed on the UrbanGrowth NSW eTender and EOI portal, click here.