Where: Located off Fishermans Bay Road, nestled between the coastal villages of Fishermans Bay and Anna Bay and adjoining the Tomaree National Park, Port Stephens. The site is a 50-minute drive north of Newcastle
Council: Port Stephens
Area: Approximately 23 hectares
What’s proposed: A residential development that encapsulates the peaceful and relaxed beachside character typical of the Tomaree Peninsula. The master plan seeks to create a coastal community that combines sustainable living, recreation and conservation to complement the existing urban and natural environment.
Our role: UrbanGrowth NSW is managing the development under the Crown Lands Homesites Programme.
Where it’s up to: Development Approval. UrbanGrowth NSW has submitted a development application to Port Stephens Council for a three stage development providing 104 lots, walking and cycling paths and nature conservation reserves. The application is currently being assessed.
- 104 residential lots ranging in size from 604m2 to over 4,000m2
- A network of shared pathways to link Fishermans Bay and Anna Bay
- Conservation of approximately 7.6ha representing 33% of the site
- Provision of fauna connectivity between the Tomaree National Park and other conservation areas
- Parking and a formal pedestrian access point to the Tomaree National Park
- An interconnected road pattern that connects adjoining communities
- Asset Protection Zones to reduce bushfire risk to new and existing properties
- Close to National Park, beaches, school and shops.
Comments on the Development Application
Anyone wishing to formally comment on the current development application should contact Port Stephens Council.
Port Stephens Council's Administration Building is located at:
116 Adelaide Street (Old Pacific Highway),
RAYMOND TERRACE NSW
Phone: 02 4980 0255
Fax: 02 4987 3612
Office Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Frida